Friday, October 17, 2008

Blog Post 6

I am a Singaporean and attended Maris Stella High School and Temasek Junior College (TJC). I am currently an undergraduate at the National University of Singapore (NUS) majoring in the Life Sciences. Academically, my interests lie in Physics and Biology. I picked up rock-climbing when I joined the TJC Climbing Club and am currently in the NUS Intervarsity Climbing Team. My greatest achievement in this sport was winning Team 1st in the national bouldering competition, Pumpfest 2008. I am also working as a part-time lead instructor at Climbasia where I am involved in planning and conducting courses for students and adults who have signed up. My other hobbies are cycling, reading and listening to rock music. I am a level-headed person who loves to make people laugh.

6 comments:

Ang Peng Siang (Patrick) said...

Hi Matthew,

I thought that your biodata is focused which is good. By focusing on rock climbing, you were able to go in depth as you mentioned your experiences and awards. This expresses your passion in rock climbing.

Perhaps you might want to expand on the last point. I thought that being level-headed and making people laugh do not really go together.

Edwin said...

Hey Matt! Your biodata gives me an impression that you are a very simple and down to earth person. Your biodata is also very balanced, touching on both your academics as well as your interests and passion outside classroom.
You focused quite a fair bit on rock climbing. By doing so, it really brings across to your passion towards the sport to your readers.
Being your team mate for the past 3 years, I can understand why you say you love to make people laugh. =) It has been nice training with you all these while! =) Strive on!

Joyce said...

Hi Matthew! Winning team 1st is indeed a very great achievement, especially since you picked up the sport only in JC. It is also great that you mentioned that you are currently part-timing at ClimbAsia, because this would give the reader the impression that you are a very independent person, and that you are able to multi-task and juggle your work with school!

miranda said...

hey matthew,
Nice job here! It is interesting to know that you work as a part-time lead instructor. You must be really valuable to Climbasia, otherwise they wouldn't give a part-timer a leader post. I am impressed! anyway, your post is clear and concised. You brought your ideas across very well. Good job!

You Fei said...

Hi Matthew,

Your biodata seems very focused and straightforward. I could tell your passion for climbing from the variou activities and posts you are involved in.

However, you may actually want to elaborate more on what your future aspirations ah and what do you hope to acheive.

grace kim said...

Thanks, Matthew, for sharing your biodata with us. It's informative, covering your academic qualifications, your skills as well as your hobbies and a bit of your personality.

I do agree with Peng Siang though that being level-headed and making people laugh are not two descriptions that you find together in the same sentence.